Come Sing with Friends!
Several Quaker sing-alongs will be happening at different Meetings over the next few months:
- Sunday, 11/3, 12:30-3pm, at Deer Creek Meeting, led by Ruth Fitz and Doug Miller, following 10am worship and potluck lunch. (click here for printer-ready flyer)
- Saturday, 11/16/2013, 9:30am – 3pm at Adelphi Friends Meeting. (click here for printer-ready flyer.)
- There will be hymns, rounds, and Christmas carols, (‘tis almost the season), and some fun with rhythm and harmony. Kids are welcome, as are any other enthusiastic Friends who enjoy making a joyful noise. There’ll be coffee and bagels at 9:30, and a main dish and salad for lunch, along with pot luck side dishes or snacks. Please RSVP to Ann Marie Moriarty (firstname.lastname@example.org) so the organizers may have enough food, songbooks, rhythm instruments, throat lozenges, and other necessities.
- Sunday, 1/19/2014, 1-3:30pm, at State College Friends Meeting, led by Ruth Fitz and Doug Miller, following 11am worship and potluck lunch.
- Sunday, 3/16/2014, 12:30-2:30pm at Lancaster Friends Meeting (Philadelphia Yearly Meeting), led by Ruth Fitz and Doug Miller, following 10am worship and potluck lunch. (click here for printer-ready flyer)
- Saturday, 4/5/2014 at Charlottesville.
- Ongoing – 3rd Sunday of every month, 4-6pm at Sandy Spring Friends Meeting (in the “school house”), Sacred Harp Singing, followed by potluck.
Come for all or any part of any day (or all!).
Bring your songbooks, if you have them.
No Special Skills needed!
just a desire to become part of a singing community for a few hours!
Your Meeting can host a sing too! Our small group of organizers has collected a mailing list of attenders, a list of proven songleaders, and has learned a few tricks about getting the word out. If your Meeting would like to have a sing, we can help. Use our contact page to find out more or get on our email list.